All the options described below have eligibility criteria. Please make sure to read carefully. We do not provide any scholarship or financial aid directly as a school. You will have to work with the sponsoring organization to apply for the aid.
1. Pleasanton Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center (a facility of Generations Health Care)
Bay Area CNA School has partnered with Generations Healthcare to offer a scholarship program to eligible students. This is a unique opportunity which will not only provide financial aid for CNA training, but also kicks off your career into the highly rewarding healthcare field as a Nursing Assistant.
For selected candidates, Generations Healthcare will pay scholarship towards the cost of the CNA Training Program as below:
- $300 deposit paid by the student to Bay Area CNA school to enroll in the CNA Training Program. This will be reimbursed by Generations Healthcare upon the student successfully completing the CNA Training Course, passing the CDPH CNA exam, and joining the Generations Healthcare team as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Remaining tuition fee of $1200 for the CNA training fee will be paid by Generations Healthcare directly to Bay Area CNA school.
- Recipient must complete the Bay Area CNA Training Program within 90 days of being selected to participate in this Scholarship Program.
Candidates/students eligible for this program need to be 18 years of age or older and have their high school diploma or GED. Individuals who meet all qualifications may be offered a position as a Certified Nursing Assistant at Pleasanton Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center (a facility of Generations Health Care) upon successful completion of the CNA Training Program and passing the CDPH CNA Exam. If offered a position, you must be hired within two weeks of passing the CDPH CNA Exam.
You can reach out to Laura McLain at Generations, to get more information on this program and start the interview process. Her contact information is included below.
714 602 0698
2. Tri-Valley Career Center (TVCC)
The Tri-Valley Career Center, in partnership with Bay Area CNA School is hosting a free Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training program to qualified individuals.
- Must be at least 18 years old on or before August 15, 2022
- Must have proof of COVID-19 VACCINATION
- Must be one (or more) of the following and show proof:
- Collecting or exhausted unemployment insurance*
- Military Spouse
- Displaced Homemaker
- Recently self-employed, now unemployed due to economic conditions, natural disaster or COVID-19
- Refugee, asylee, Afghan parolee or SIV
*having an undetermined or rejected unemployment insurance claim with the EDD will disqualify you from the program.
Tri-Valley Career Center
5860 Owens Dr., 3rd Floor
Pleasanton, CA 94588
phone: 925.416.5100 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA)
WIOA is a federally funded employment program that supports the One-Stop Career Centers (America’s Job Centers) throughout the United States. One-Stop services are designed to help you find employment!
How do I qualify for WIOA services?
• Unemployed or Underemployed Adult (receiving Unemployment Insurance or having proof of layoff notice)
• Veterans and Eligible Spouses
• Basic Skills Deficient
• Justice-Involved Individuals or Returning Residents
• Individuals with Disability
• Legally able to work in the United States
• Low Income
• Proof of Selective Service Registration for males born after 1959
• Recipients of Public Assistance
Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) Career Coach
p: 510.670-5700 (M-W)
remote: 510.576.0290 (Thurs-Fri)
Angelica Given, MPH, PMP
Eden Area AJCC WIOA Coach Team Supervisor
24100 Amador Street, 3rd Floor
Hayward, CA 94544